Sharon's work illustrates depths of emotion using colours and simplified forms. Her work speaks of connections, disconnections, spaces and interactions.
Sharon primarily uses watercolours and watercolour pencils on watercolour paper. Her use of this media communicates delicateness and vulnerability about her subject matter. Raw emotion and unadorned ideas are communicated using simplified forms and tensions between colours. Smaller formats are favoured to bring intimacy between the art and the viewer.
Recently, Sharon has been exploring the emotional landscape of conversations and interactions between people, as well as her experiences with synaesthesia.
Bachelor of Design Studies (Graphic Design)
Queensland College of Art
Graduate Diploma of Science in Information Management (Information Science)
Edith Cowan University
Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural)
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
previous exhibitions & appearances
- Small Works Art Prize exhibition December 2017 - Brunswick Street Gallery, Fitzroy VIC
- 'a sweeping storm' (solo exhibition) November 2017 - City Library Gallery, Melbourne VIC
- RAW exhibition 2017 - Melbourne Pavilion, Flemington VIC
- The Art Room End of Year exhibition (part of Open Studios) 2014 - The Art Room, Footscray VIC
- "Sweet Remnants" (solo exhibition) 2013 - Regional Rail Link Artdoor Gallery, Footscray VIC
- GoWest Contemporary Art Exhibition 2011 - Joel Gallery, Altona VIC
- Channel 31 TV interview - Tastes of Midsumma 2011
- Gold Coast City Council Employees Art exhibition 2009 - Robina Art Gallery QLD
- Harvest Exhibition (part of LadyFest) 2006 - The Alibi Room, New Farm QLD
- LadyFest Online Gallery opening night - Rivoli Gallery, Fortitude Valley QLD
- Various print advertisements for Book Club Records - Time Off newspaper
- Book Club Records Showcase gig - The Troubadour, Fortitude Valley QLD
- -sharon (solo exhibition) - Urban Grind cafe, West End QLD